Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gift Wrapping - Awkward Shapes

Tomorrow is a friend's birthday, and I have a selection of awkward shaped gifts to wrap.


I could have taken the easy way out and used a gift bag, but where's the fun in that?  Instead, I thought I'd try something different and create a pouch for the chopping board.

I chose a duck egg blue theme as the red cocotte dish and cheese knife spoke to my inner francophile. 


I cut a piece of paper about twice the width of the chopping board, and ironed it (medium heat, dry setting).  I then folded the sides and the base twice and stuck them down. 


I created the pouch by folding the sides and the base over the chopping board and sticking the base to the sides.


To finish the pouch, I cut a piece of paper equal to the width of the board and stuck it down.


I wrapped the cheese knife the same way and popped it into the pouch.  I closed the top of the pouch by folding it over twice and sticking it down.  I then created a faux string tie using some brown buttons, which I stuck on with craft glue, and twine.




I wrapped the cocotte dish in the same paper and tied both presents together with a blue and brown reversible ribbon. 


Tres jolie!



No comments: