Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fabric bag inspiration

You can never have too many shoes or handbags.  Or cookbooks, or kitchenware for that matter, but I digress.  I do love a bag.  I particularly like a big bag, even though it takes me twice as long to find my car keys.  It's a bit like Narnia down there.  You go through the wardrobe to a world of used movie tickets, receipts, post-it notes, scrunched up shopping lists and, weirdly, paper clips.  I know I could reduce my rummaging time if I used the pockets manufacturers put in bags to keep things organised, but everything else in my life is so structured, I need a bit of chaos somewhere. 

I've just added another two bags to my 'big bag' collection.  The first one is the Reversible Everyday Shopper from Amy Butler's book "Style Stitches".  I've used a patterned quilting fabric by Nature's Design for the exterior and a blue organic cotton for the interior.


Amy's shopper has a front pocket, but I decided to leave it off mine as I know I would never use it.


The firm structure of the bag and handles is achieved by using a lot of interfacing. 

The second bag is the "Practical Bag" by Grand Revival Design.  I've used a quilting weight cotton paisley for the exterior and a yellow organic cotton for the interior. 


This is also a reversible bag.


This bag doesn't require interfacing so is more relaxed and slouchy. 

I'm looking forward to losing a lot of things at the bottom of these bags. 

No comments: